At Klever Compliance, our methodologies leverage evolutionary growth and adaptation over the last 30+ years within technology & governance.
A Klever Solution to Your Security & Compliance Needs
Klever Compliance specializes in maturing your company’s governance.
• Consumer privacy law readiness across US (1st up is CCPA in California, with many more states to follow).
• Expanding a US-based business into EU who needed to be GDPR ready.
• Handling privacy enactment requests.
• Right-sizing frameworks & best practice principles.
• Policy Health and relevance to operations .
• Functional workflow efficiency assessments focused on automation opportunities.
• Weaving authority regulations and frameworks with your company policy, and then overlaying onto your technology ecosystem.
• Establishing and structuring vendor valuation programs.
• Risk valuation and second/external opinion for vendors which have replied to RFPs.
Rapid Growth Response
• Operational workflow studies which determine gaps, recommend control introductions, and define efficiencies across departments, policies, and overall governance posture.
Measuring Mitigation Efforts
• OCM & Transitional encouragement along with targeted focus for measuring remediation activity adherence across several organizations.
Audit Results Reviews
• Deciphering reports such as SOC2s, and correlating such reports with the company’s ecosystem.
First: Classify your data. Identify & purge the noise data and stop paying to manage/store it. Make sure your enforceable policies specify good destruction practices. Be specific with retention, destruction, and encryption policies for the data you choose to keep. Clearly specify what is considered Personally Identifiable information in your ecosystem, and how that type of data is flagged within your ecosystem.
Second: Map your data. Know where it goes, who exactly has ownership of it, and what influences it along its path. Reference basic controls like passwords and perimeter security controls along the way, if applicable. Remember that most companies scope their change management processes to production environments only.
Third: Determine who has access to your data at each stopping/influence point. Map to HR’s standardized roles/titles and define least privilege permissions for each grouping of workers. Overlay this with your systems and the roles available for each. Your result is a matrix from which you can automate logical access provisioning and enforcement. Once HR triggers are defined, apply your matrix when you on-board, off-board, or make a change to an existing worker. Be sure to suspend accounts during LOAs. Make sure this is all in an enforceable policy, and keep in mind segregation of duties for competencies like Change Management.
Fourth: Well there are obviously many more but this is a good starting point. Get your decision-makers around the table, pull out the whiteboard, and start documenting. Make sure your policies are actionable and enforceable, else they become paperweights collecting dust.
If you need help, reach out. We perform assessments upon arrival, recommend actionable opportunities, and enable you to own your own improvements. We encourage and guide along the way and can step into the tactical when necessary. Our work is designed for continual improvement, and our fluidity is designed to help you succeed.
Call 818-326-8667 now, or use this handy form to contact us: